The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 30 mins ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago