What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
I served in the US Army Special Forces; I was on a Strategic Reconnaissance team. Are you telling me that a young woman is willing to sit in a hide site for long periods of time with two guys on high-protein diets? The effort to emplace women in combat units is simply a act of treason that will deteriorate the combat effectiveness and allow the ACLU to make more money off the Department of Defense. The sole purpose of the US Government is to provide security for the United States; all other functions are secondary. Once that security is compromised, the country is lost.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 15 hours ago