Unfortunately, parents, taxpayers and donors have little knowledge of the extent of the dishonesty and indoctrination. There are several clues for telling...
It's called "moral relativism" and pretty much reached a crescendo in the '60s with the hippies. Drugs, uninhibited sex without consequences (you can just abort later), murder of the rich, all police are pigs, etc. We are now living with the hippies and their children running our colleges, universities, undergraduate schools, and our governments. The real disgusting part is they were the privileged class back then (college instead of Vietnam) and are still the privileged class today (college instead of Iraq/Afghanistan). The ones who made it through college on their own or with their parents struggling to find a way, are the ones who understand what we are about to lose.
Many of the nation's colleges and universities have become cesspools of indoctrination, intolerance, academic dishonesty and an "enlightened" form of racism. This is a decades-old trend. In a 1991 speech, Yale President Benno Schmidt warned: "The most serious problems of freedom of expression in our society today exist on our campuses. The assumption seems to be that the purpose of education is to induce correct opinion rather than to search for wisdom and to liberate the mind."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 6 hours ago