That WAS a pathetic effort by Obama in the debate. Obama will certainly come better-prepared in their next meeting, but with lingering memories of the last one. Romney came very-well prepared and full of confidence and delivered a beating that will certainly carry over to the next two debates for both participants…one full of confidence and the other perhaps not fully able to heal the mental scars of that humiliation. Look for another Romney beat-down. Obama was reduced to “President Hem-Haw” in the debate, similarly when Univision interviewers asked him hard-hitting questions. Romney has a business and personal history of proven performance under pressure and Obama is building a reputation as a "choke artist".
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 27 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago