That WAS a pathetic effort by Obama in the debate. Obama will certainly come better-prepared in their next meeting, but with lingering memories of the last one. Romney came very-well prepared and full of confidence and delivered a beating that will certainly carry over to the next two debates for both participants…one full of confidence and the other perhaps not fully able to heal the mental scars of that humiliation. Look for another Romney beat-down. Obama was reduced to “President Hem-Haw” in the debate, similarly when Univision interviewers asked him hard-hitting questions. Romney has a business and personal history of proven performance under pressure and Obama is building a reputation as a "choke artist".
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago