That WAS a pathetic effort by Obama in the debate. Obama will certainly come better-prepared in their next meeting, but with lingering memories of the last one. Romney came very-well prepared and full of confidence and delivered a beating that will certainly carry over to the next two debates for both participants…one full of confidence and the other perhaps not fully able to heal the mental scars of that humiliation. Look for another Romney beat-down. Obama was reduced to “President Hem-Haw” in the debate, similarly when Univision interviewers asked him hard-hitting questions. Romney has a business and personal history of proven performance under pressure and Obama is building a reputation as a "choke artist".
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 7 hours ago