That WAS a pathetic effort by Obama in the debate. Obama will certainly come better-prepared in their next meeting, but with lingering memories of the last one. Romney came very-well prepared and full of confidence and delivered a beating that will certainly carry over to the next two debates for both participants…one full of confidence and the other perhaps not fully able to heal the mental scars of that humiliation. Look for another Romney beat-down. Obama was reduced to “President Hem-Haw” in the debate, similarly when Univision interviewers asked him hard-hitting questions. Romney has a business and personal history of proven performance under pressure and Obama is building a reputation as a "choke artist".
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 3 hours ago