That WAS a pathetic effort by Obama in the debate. Obama will certainly come better-prepared in their next meeting, but with lingering memories of the last one. Romney came very-well prepared and full of confidence and delivered a beating that will certainly carry over to the next two debates for both participants…one full of confidence and the other perhaps not fully able to heal the mental scars of that humiliation. Look for another Romney beat-down. Obama was reduced to “President Hem-Haw” in the debate, similarly when Univision interviewers asked him hard-hitting questions. Romney has a business and personal history of proven performance under pressure and Obama is building a reputation as a "choke artist".
Jim Lehrer was effective in one area as the moderator of the first Presidential Debate of 2012. That is, he convinced the audience to not be a factor by remaining generally quiet. While he was not very effective in controlling the candidates, Lehrer’s style seemed to work out well in facilitating his primary goal of drawing out ideological contrasts.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 3 hours ago