You could not have a better example of moral equivalence than a column written by Steve Clemons in The Atlantic Magazine’s online version. Clemons reviews the always interesting history of President Harry Truman’s bold decision in 1948 to defy the State Department—and especially his hand-picked Sec. of State, Gen. George C. Marshall. Truman had said that Gen. Marshall was the greatest living American. He said that, perhaps to the irritation of his running mate, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, when the largely unknown Missouri senator was thrust onto the ticket in 1944. FDR may have had his own ideas as...
from 1948 to 1967,the West Bank was seized by Jordan and ruled as part of Jordan, Egypt seized Gaza,and ruled it as part of Egypt. And after peace treaties were signed with Israel both nations REFUSED the return of those territories. Israel was recreated because it was recognized that Arabs and Jews could not live together in peace,that the muslims would always be persecuting the Jews,as they still do in every other nation.After all,that IS an inherent part of the Holy Koran,hatred of Jews. Israel is such a TINY piece of the Mandate,it's unfortunate the Arabs/muslims are so greedy that they want it all. But,it's characteristic,they ARE invaders.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014