The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
What I see here is a ploy; Comrade Obama adds the funding for armed police in schools,but only if the REST of the provisions are also passed,and those include the assault weapon ban,magazine ban,gun registration,etc. Then if the NRA and conservatives vote down the bill,they are accused of not wanting to protect the children,that they refuse to compromise.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 19 hours ago