Nunn later graduated from college and then the University of Michigan Law School. Last month, having passed a character fitness test, Nunn passed the Georgia bar. On Monday, she will be sworn in as...
Not originally,in most US states. that has only changed recently.
President Bill Clinton used his presidential pardon power in July 2000 to commute the sentence of Serena Nunn, who was sentenced to 15 years for a first-time nonviolent drug offense when she was 19. The pardon shaved three years off Nunn's sentence. Nunn told me over the phone, "I thought then that it was a great thing that a president used his power to help an average person."
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago