"Why should Social Security recipients get out more than they paid in?" INTEREST on the money they paid in,is why. if FEDGOV had invested the SS revenue in non-government stocks and bonds,then the interest would have been far better than what the gov't bonds "earned",and taxpayers would not have to pay that "earnings" in the form of higher taxes.
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago