"President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus." That's what Mitt Romney, Republican candidate for president, said in the high-profile speech accepting his party's nomination last week, repeating a slang phrase for sacrificing a friend for selfish reasons that he had deployed before, for example in May 2011 and Jan. 2012. This criticism of Obama fits a persistent Republican critique. Specifically, several other recent presidential candidates used or endorsed the same "bus" formulation vis-à-vis Obama and Israel,...
that's been Israel's problem,they have been restrained by the US from finishing their many wars against Arab aggression and defeating them soundly. Instead,Israel was forced into useless ceasefires,that only allowed the enemy to rebuild and attack them again and again. By now,they can count on being "bailed out" and saved by the West forcing a ceasefire before they are totally defeated,any time they attack once again.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago