In response to:
WHATEVER the US does to "avert" "global climate change" is going to be negated by what China,Japan,Germany,and all of Africa are doing.Burning fossil fuels in increasing amounts.. Germany,Japan,and China are all ADDING lots more coal-fired power plants. Africa relies largely on burning wood for heat and cooking. Republic of S.Africa burns a lot of coal.
On Monday we sent out correspondent Tom Elliott down to the National Mall to talk to the attendees at Obama's 2nd inaugural about the president's big plans to tackle climate change in his second term. Everyone he spoke with loved what they had to hear.
But when he asked about the issue on a more personal level -- whether their families often talk about climate change, whether they're personally taking actions to prevent climate change, or whether they would be willing to pay more in taxes or more for gas & electricity to help finance the eventual legislation -- their enthusiasm quickly...
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 12 hours ago