In response to:
WHATEVER the US does to "avert" "global climate change" is going to be negated by what China,Japan,Germany,and all of Africa are doing.Burning fossil fuels in increasing amounts.. Germany,Japan,and China are all ADDING lots more coal-fired power plants. Africa relies largely on burning wood for heat and cooking. Republic of S.Africa burns a lot of coal.
On Monday we sent out correspondent Tom Elliott down to the National Mall to talk to the attendees at Obama's 2nd inaugural about the president's big plans to tackle climate change in his second term. Everyone he spoke with loved what they had to hear.
But when he asked about the issue on a more personal level -- whether their families often talk about climate change, whether they're personally taking actions to prevent climate change, or whether they would be willing to pay more in taxes or more for gas & electricity to help finance the eventual legislation -- their enthusiasm quickly...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago