After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
large capacity magazines can and will be stolen from the military. 12-17-12 Tip about tractor theft leads to stolen Army grenades, assault weapon Alabama police say a tip about a stolen tractor led them to a cache of stolen military hardware, Fox 6 News reported. The investigation reportedly began last week when police found a stolen tractor at a residence in Glencoe, Ala. A search of the home found 30 guns, including an assault rifle, as well as grenades and blasting caps stolen from the Anniston Army Depot, according to the station. Spare parts for Stryker military vehicles also were recovered. According to Fox 6, police suspect the homeowner, Anniston Army Depot employee Ryan Mayo, stole the military items from his workplace.
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 17 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 20 hours ago