The lesson of the past several decades is that once Americans establish ourselves to assure security, we stay as long as it takes and then stay some more. World War II has been over for 67 years, but we still have 37,000 troops in Japan and 53,000 in...
Comrade Obama wants to cut our nuclear inventory to 300-400 warheads,after shutting down most anti-ballistic missile defense,leaving us vulnerable to a first strike. Unilateral action,not getting ANY matching cuts from Russia and China. Comrade Hussein signed New START that cuts our nuclear weaponry,but allows Russia to build UP to the limits,and doesn't affect China at all. It's all part of his efforts to weaken the US economically,politically,and militarily. "once is accidental,twice is coincidence,three times is enemy action." Comrade Obama IS the muslim Manchurian Candidate.
The argument for leaving 10,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan after 2014 is more or less reasonable on its face. The Kabul government is fragile; our gains might be reversed; the Afghan military is not ready to stand on its own. Here's the unreasonable, unavoidable part: If we don't leave then, we probably never will.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago