New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
what's funny is the ridiculous and wild assumptions and scenarios the anti's come up with,with no examples for support,while the pro-gun side rationally suggests reasonable and proven methods of defending the schoolkids,and cite examples to back them up.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago