President Obama doesn't talk about abortion much. He famously tried to avoid the question in 2008 when Pastor Rick Warren asked him what rights, if any, unborn children have. "The answer to that question is above my...
Dear Ken Blackwell, What rights, if any, does an unborn child have? Please be as specific as possible. The notion of "rights" I take you mean in this case are legal rights. I'm listing a few areas to be clear. 1. The right to be born. All cases, including incest and rape. 2. Drug abuse such as fetal Alcohol syndrome. Felony? Misdemeanor? 3. Inheritance. Can an unborn child have the right to be named in a will. 4. Post-birth. Give the unborn child the exact same rights as a new born baby, especially in the area of guardianship. 5. Foster care. If a mother abuses the unborn child does the State have the right to take a new born away from the mother on the date of birth.
Abraham Lincoln faced a similar problem in 1854 when he spoke of the “covert zeal” of President Franklin Pierce and Sen. Steven A. Douglas for the spread of slavery. These leading Democrats never said they were in favor of slavery. They simply viewed the right of whites to choose slavery for blacks as a “sacred principle of self government.”Lincoln abhorred this subterfuge.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago