President Obama doesn't talk about abortion much. He famously tried to avoid the question in 2008 when Pastor Rick Warren asked him what rights, if any, unborn children have. "The answer to that question is above my...
Dear Ken Blackwell, What rights, if any, does an unborn child have? Please be as specific as possible. The notion of "rights" I take you mean in this case are legal rights. I'm listing a few areas to be clear. 1. The right to be born. All cases, including incest and rape. 2. Drug abuse such as fetal Alcohol syndrome. Felony? Misdemeanor? 3. Inheritance. Can an unborn child have the right to be named in a will. 4. Post-birth. Give the unborn child the exact same rights as a new born baby, especially in the area of guardianship. 5. Foster care. If a mother abuses the unborn child does the State have the right to take a new born away from the mother on the date of birth.
Abraham Lincoln faced a similar problem in 1854 when he spoke of the “covert zeal” of President Franklin Pierce and Sen. Steven A. Douglas for the spread of slavery. These leading Democrats never said they were in favor of slavery. They simply viewed the right of whites to choose slavery for blacks as a “sacred principle of self government.”Lincoln abhorred this subterfuge.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago