"That's because his 2008 success was more of a cultural phenomenon than a political one" Were people voting for Obama or against Bush? Are people voting for Romney or against Obama? If the Democrats really wanted to scare independents and liberals they would run ads asking, "do you really want Republicans controlling it all?" We have moved into an ERA where people mostly vote against a candidate, the lesser of two evils. The Democrats were ushered back into power in 2006 and 2008 as a rejection of Republicans. Now they are rejecting Democrats in 2010 and 2012. Once Republicans regain control the cycle will repeat.
Below, Kate references the new Newsweek cover, heralding a story critical of President Obama. More than for most Presidents, the very existence of this cover highlights an ominous trend for Obama.
That's because his 2008 success was more of a cultural phenomenon than a political one (although he and other lefties mistakenly thought it was a political endorsement, a misunderstanding that has caused many of their electoral problems). It was simply "cool" and "in" to be an Obama supporter. Almost every element of the political and popular press hailed Obama to the skies-- NOT to support
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Mary Katharine Ham 34 mins ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 53 mins ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 3 hours ago