Democratic presidents Woodrow Wilson and John F. Kennedy spoke plainly about the fact that higher tax rates on individuals and businesses did not automatically translate into higher tax revenues for the government. Beyond some point, high tax rates on those with high incomes simply led to those incomes being invested in tax-free bonds, with the revenue from those bonds being completely lost to the government -- and the investments lost...
Everyone should pay the same percentage of his or her income as income tax, including corporations. Nothing else is remotely "fair."
There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike could talk sense about tax rates, in terms of what is best for the economy, without demagoguery about "tax cuts for the rich."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago