It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
See, this is a major problem for Republicans. They are like children or mentally retarded adults with regard to their ability to comprehend and to draw realistic, conclusions. We heard Sandra Fluke. We know the Catholic Church objected to paying for birth control with their insurance plan. Some people protested and Morons like John Hawkins turns it into "a large number of people don't want to pay" Oh, and calling children of unmarried parents "Illegitimate" -- a term used literally 100 years ago, isn't going to do much to help your cause against abortion.
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago