It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
See, this is a major problem for Republicans. They are like children or mentally retarded adults with regard to their ability to comprehend and to draw realistic, conclusions. We heard Sandra Fluke. We know the Catholic Church objected to paying for birth control with their insurance plan. Some people protested and Morons like John Hawkins turns it into "a large number of people don't want to pay" Oh, and calling children of unmarried parents "Illegitimate" -- a term used literally 100 years ago, isn't going to do much to help your cause against abortion.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 12 hours ago