Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya. The September 11, 2012 attack lasted nearly eight hours, during which four Americans died, including our sitting ambassador. Multiple requests for increased security in the weeks and months leading up to the massacre were denied. Urgent warnings that the Benghazi consulate couldn't withstand a...
The American Red Cross and the British Consul both pulled out of Benghazi just prior to the attack due to the unsettled and dangerous atmosphere there and Panetta says they couldn't do anything because they lacked intelligence with regard to the risks in the area. A sixteen man security team was also withdrawn from the area with no reason given and no one seems to know who ordered them out.
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago