Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya. The September 11, 2012 attack lasted nearly eight hours, during which four Americans died, including our sitting ambassador. Multiple requests for increased security in the weeks and months leading up to the massacre were denied. Urgent warnings that the Benghazi consulate couldn't withstand a...
The American Red Cross and the British Consul both pulled out of Benghazi just prior to the attack due to the unsettled and dangerous atmosphere there and Panetta says they couldn't do anything because they lacked intelligence with regard to the risks in the area. A sixteen man security team was also withdrawn from the area with no reason given and no one seems to know who ordered them out.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 10 hours ago