In response to:
The problem for Republicans is this: The actual provisions of the law, apart from the individual mandate, are quite popular. In the polls that show that 60% of the population is opposed to it, you have to take into consideration that about 15% of that are liberals who don't believe Obamacare goes near far enough. While a relative handful of people might see their premiums rise (Brief aside: If Kirsten Powers was only paying $160 a month with a $2500 deductible, her insurance was practically worthless anyway), a much larger number of people will get affordable quality insurance for the first time. That is going to be popular, and the apocalyptic bent of the commentary in conservative circles is going to work against them in the long run.
- Judge orders AirBnB renter to stop “profiteering” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey Dec 25, 2014
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey Dec 24, 2014