Just for the record: 1.29 billion dollars in overpayment in a 130 billion dollar program is about a 1% overpayment, or 99% efficiency in the program. 1.29 billion dollars is less than .1% of the federal budget. (Note that an organization the size of the US federal government would still have about $35 billion in "waste and fraud" even if it was 99% efficient.) Certainly, we should do better if we can, but it sounds like we are doing pretty well. A private business would be thrilled if only 1% of revenue was lost to "waste or fraud.".
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago