4) Just the contrary, people in general today are cynical to the point of nihilism about government. Additionally, any “weakening” of the dollar makes exports more competitive; there is an upside as well. (5) There are institutions whose job is to determine the credit worthiness of potential borrowers. These institutions across the board consider the US to be the safest possible investment that they can make, as reflected in the fact that the US can presently borrow money at a rate below that of inflation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 10 hours ago