4) Just the contrary, people in general today are cynical to the point of nihilism about government. Additionally, any “weakening” of the dollar makes exports more competitive; there is an upside as well. (5) There are institutions whose job is to determine the credit worthiness of potential borrowers. These institutions across the board consider the US to be the safest possible investment that they can make, as reflected in the fact that the US can presently borrow money at a rate below that of inflation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The most admired people on the Right Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Establishmentum: Several potential Rubio, Christie backers already defecting to Jeb Bush Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hot new gun-control idea: Steal your parents’ gun and bring it to school Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- The Ben Carson Super PAC has some money issues Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The war between Rand Paul and Marco Rubio is going nuclear Noah Rothman 7 hours ago