4) Just the contrary, people in general today are cynical to the point of nihilism about government. Additionally, any “weakening” of the dollar makes exports more competitive; there is an upside as well. (5) There are institutions whose job is to determine the credit worthiness of potential borrowers. These institutions across the board consider the US to be the safest possible investment that they can make, as reflected in the fact that the US can presently borrow money at a rate below that of inflation.
- GOP at the crossroads: Look to the past, or to the future Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Romney urges Sony Pictures: Fight back and release “The Interview” for free online Allahpundit 56 mins ago
- America’s next president must be unafraid to identify and confront evil Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- University of Michigan professor: “It’s Okay To Hate Republicans” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Washington Post: No confidence in Obama’s ‘bailout’ for Cuban tyrants Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US pretty darned sure North Korea is behind Sony hack — but may not say so Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago