Observers at both ends of the ideological spectrum are dubbing next month's gubernatorial do-over in Wisconsin "the second most important election" in America this year, and for good reason. Gov. Scott Walker ran as a conservative who pledged to do what was necessary to restore order to his state's red-stained balance sheets, winning the 2010 election by six points over Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. Upon taking office, Walker and his GOP legislative majorities moved swiftly to enact crucial budget reforms. The Left is irate over the law's provisions that strip some collective bargaining privileges from government unions --...
Godizilla, Sometimes you have to trick pathetic tantruming children when you take away their "treats." Not taking away Firefighter and Police unions' treats would a good idea in that regard. A) it pits the children against one another for the spoils system that is government. But it also, controls the amount of treats we take away from the tantruming children. Don't worry. We are going to take away a lot more from government workers and their sociopath leaders. Sadly their ponzi schemes...er...pension funds will run dry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago