Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
Who wants to best way to create inflation and raise food and gas prices? Minimum wage laws are SUPER good for that. While increasing unemployment. Two things that this economy needs right now is inflation and higher unemployment. Because the economy is doing too well right now. I expect liberals to be this retarded. I don't expect America to be this stupid.
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 31 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago