Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
We want John Kerry as Anything He's just as psycho as anyone is going to be in Obama's administration. You can't get much worst than Obama's NSA dude. If John Kerry gets the job than his Senate seat opens up. If his Senate seat opens up we get Scott Brown for life in that seat because it is really hard for Democrats to comit voter fraud in non-Presidential years. Again, what's the worst thing John Kerry can do in his position. If the CIA wasn't smart all of our agents and contacts are dead. That's bound to happen. Yes, he's unfit for duty...so 97% of them.
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 4 hours ago