As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago