As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Haliburton, Your whole ideology has to pretend that lobbyists don't exist or they aren't owned by big business. How do you accomplish such an illogical feat? I am serious. I want to know. It's amazing. Government is moral and protects...but their is this thing called a lobbyists. Oh, I've got it. Only Republicans are beholden to lobbyists (eye roll). Okay. The Unicorns will magically fix everything if we keep giving government more money (LOL). Democrats are paid by lobbyists, and lobbyists write all of their bills (Could you see Joe Biden sitting down and penning a bill), but magically they do it for the people. Sorry, but your whole political philosophy is joke. It's sad really.
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago