As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Moderate Conservative, Moron, look up McCarran–Ferguson Act. It allowed insurance companies to be exempt. And it doesn't matter. If you lower barriers to entry you don't need anti-trust laws. Only when government gets involved do Monopolies happens. See the computer industry vs the auto industry for details. Or any other industry. Monopolies don't just magically happen you. They are created when lobbyist + government + useful idiots= Monopoly. Thanks for being useful. Your leaders are laughing at you from their tax free yachts you helped pay for.
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago