As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Moderate Conservative, Moron, look up McCarran–Ferguson Act. It allowed insurance companies to be exempt. And it doesn't matter. If you lower barriers to entry you don't need anti-trust laws. Only when government gets involved do Monopolies happens. See the computer industry vs the auto industry for details. Or any other industry. Monopolies don't just magically happen you. They are created when lobbyist + government + useful idiots= Monopoly. Thanks for being useful. Your leaders are laughing at you from their tax free yachts you helped pay for.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago