Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
Awesome story. Only thing I might say is that for #6 isn't that big a deal. Obviously anyone would have done it and there was no risk for him, and also 300 yards off shore isn't a big deal at all on a lake, unless there were a lot of small children. Granted still a good story, just not incredible. Also, on #7 I believe he never actually gave them money because they got it paid through scholarships, but no doubt would have. Still a heck of an offer.
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago