The late night drama cast Senator Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden as heroes. They did what Obama and Boehner failed to do, come together on an agreement to limit the bite of the fiscal cliff's tax hikes. That agreement led to bipartisan Senate action. But the appearance of the Senate coming to the rescue obscures the fact the Senate has recklessly refused to act for months, sitting on the House-passed bill to avert the tax hikes, H.R.8, for fully five months before jamming a massive amendment through when there was no time to consider any changes, or even...
I agree the Senate is the problem. Why do the polls always include both the House and the Senate when they ask the American people what they think of Congress? To be fair, they should separate the House of Representatives from the Senate when they ask the American people what they think of Congress.
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago