"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Americans are so into freedom that they don't know what not living in a democratic nation is until they start to visit countries outside the US. Liberals are so currently without understanding of this fact that they elected the man in the WH who chooses to go with the Marxists. We're gettn' there aren't we? Here is a simple way to get it. If it is governed by ISLAMISTS and they use Sharia---then you can say: No democratic government will come -no matter whatever the uprising.
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago