"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Americans are so into freedom that they don't know what not living in a democratic nation is until they start to visit countries outside the US. Liberals are so currently without understanding of this fact that they elected the man in the WH who chooses to go with the Marxists. We're gettn' there aren't we? Here is a simple way to get it. If it is governed by ISLAMISTS and they use Sharia---then you can say: No democratic government will come -no matter whatever the uprising.
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago