Didn't force everyone to take it and it wasn't a tax.
Right after the election, it was all peaches and cream and conciliatory common-ground language when President Obama met with congressional leaders to discuss the fiscal cliff. Of course, the president campaigned on tax hikes for the rich, by which he meant raising top income-tax rates and extending the Bush tax cuts for incomes below $200,000. And the president’s first meeting post-election was with his union and liberal-interest-group supporters, all of whom want to raise the top rates and then some. But instead, the newly reelected president spoke about “new ideas,” as long as they provided a balance of spending cuts and...
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 34 mins ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago