Didn't force everyone to take it and it wasn't a tax.
Right after the election, it was all peaches and cream and conciliatory common-ground language when President Obama met with congressional leaders to discuss the fiscal cliff. Of course, the president campaigned on tax hikes for the rich, by which he meant raising top income-tax rates and extending the Bush tax cuts for incomes below $200,000. And the president’s first meeting post-election was with his union and liberal-interest-group supporters, all of whom want to raise the top rates and then some. But instead, the newly reelected president spoke about “new ideas,” as long as they provided a balance of spending cuts and...
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 2 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 15 hours ago