For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
I agree. There are three parts to the equation in a school situation: the teacher, the child, and the parents. Obviously, in this case, the parents aren't bringing up decent children, and the teacher is the victim, not the problem.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago