For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
I agree. There are three parts to the equation in a school situation: the teacher, the child, and the parents. Obviously, in this case, the parents aren't bringing up decent children, and the teacher is the victim, not the problem.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago