For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
I agree. There are three parts to the equation in a school situation: the teacher, the child, and the parents. Obviously, in this case, the parents aren't bringing up decent children, and the teacher is the victim, not the problem.
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago