Both President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner recently said the country doesn’t have an immediate debt problem. Nearly 7 voters in 10 say they are wrong. Conversely, 27 percent agree the debt can be handled several years down the road. Voters are similarly at odds with Washington on the budget deficit. Almost all think the federal government should be required...
"Take from the poor , and protect the wealthy." - Please explain this. As you might know, nearly half the working population doesn't pay federal income taxes. So how are conservatives pushing for policies that "take from the poor"? Conversely, how does keeping tax rates low, for everybody, "protect the wealthy"? The Laffer curve clearly shows that if you raise rates too high, you will get LESS tax revenue. Or do you believe we can continue to raise tax rates and "rich" people will just fork over their money? Sorry, you claim that you aren't a low info voter but your post is nothing more than liberal talking points.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago