Both President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner recently said the country doesn’t have an immediate debt problem. Nearly 7 voters in 10 say they are wrong. Conversely, 27 percent agree the debt can be handled several years down the road. Voters are similarly at odds with Washington on the budget deficit. Almost all think the federal government should be required...
"Take from the poor , and protect the wealthy." - Please explain this. As you might know, nearly half the working population doesn't pay federal income taxes. So how are conservatives pushing for policies that "take from the poor"? Conversely, how does keeping tax rates low, for everybody, "protect the wealthy"? The Laffer curve clearly shows that if you raise rates too high, you will get LESS tax revenue. Or do you believe we can continue to raise tax rates and "rich" people will just fork over their money? Sorry, you claim that you aren't a low info voter but your post is nothing more than liberal talking points.
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago