Both President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner recently said the country doesn’t have an immediate debt problem. Nearly 7 voters in 10 say they are wrong. Conversely, 27 percent agree the debt can be handled several years down the road. Voters are similarly at odds with Washington on the budget deficit. Almost all think the federal government should be required...
"Take from the poor , and protect the wealthy." - Please explain this. As you might know, nearly half the working population doesn't pay federal income taxes. So how are conservatives pushing for policies that "take from the poor"? Conversely, how does keeping tax rates low, for everybody, "protect the wealthy"? The Laffer curve clearly shows that if you raise rates too high, you will get LESS tax revenue. Or do you believe we can continue to raise tax rates and "rich" people will just fork over their money? Sorry, you claim that you aren't a low info voter but your post is nothing more than liberal talking points.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 14 hours ago