Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 4 hours ago