Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago