Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago