Famed neurosurgeon surgeon, Dr. Ben Carson, looked like just another black academic failure in his pre and elementary school years. His writings show that he was so angry he would have stabbed a classmate, and so learning-disabled that even the greatest Special Ed teacher would not have been able to mainstream him. The solution to his non-achievement and a cure for his learning disability was not discovered by a government agency, an administrator or a crackerjack teacher. His deliverance came through the tenacity and commitment of his uneducated but God-fearing mother who refused to believe the limitations that everyone else in...
When I returned to academia for a third time in my 50's, the only stuffed shirt, pedantic, holier than thou College in UCA was the Education College. Professors who had failed in public education, gotten doctorates and now teaching the latest fads to the young and old students who are eager to make a difference in our failed education system. A formula for failure if ever one existed. This is pretty typical in education. Reinvent the wheel periodically and always produce even poorer results. The second problem is 90% of the students taking education degrees are in the lowest 10% of their class. Can't be a great mathmatician, biologist, whatever, then be a teacher. The axiom that those that can, do and those that can't teach is truth.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago