On Monday evening Mitt Romney cancelled all campaign events through today and is even holding a distaster relief event in Ohio to help those who were crushed by Hurricane Sandy last night. President Obama also cancelled campaign events and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Air Force one that this "wasn't a time for politics" and that people should focus on responding to the storm. But, Hurricane Sandy wasn't going to stop First Lady Michelle Obama from playing politics yesterday. She sent the following email to supporters in North Carolina and Virginia.
From: Michelle Obama
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 15 hours ago