The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
The state does not have the authority to grant anything. What form of government to you think we have?
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago