The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
The state does not have the authority to grant anything. What form of government to you think we have?
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago