The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
When harm to another human being is the issue then the law should be applied in its fullest. This is considered a law of man or as I see it a Law of God. Having government involved in every little individual decision though is going to come back and haunt us all regardless if you considerate it moral or not.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago