One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
A change in management, hmmmm does sound like some change is coming about. I hope it is for the better, and thanks for the heads up on thats.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago