One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Lois this is a fact, I have spoken to some of my buddies still serving and my Nephew over there. They are getting killed and can not fight back. WTF, don't YOU care.
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 56 minutes ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago