One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
And IT never will.
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago