If wages increase and then prices increase in a equal ratio, is that not a zero sum gain?
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 10 hours ago