A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Joe, I'm with you on this. I'm into the great-grandchildren business now. Been a citizen of the U S for all my nearly 75 years and have watched the "deterioration and downfall" progress when I started paying attention in my early twenties. My first real "slap in the face" was when i figured out that FDR's Social Security was a very big trap for all of our future as a country. That was in 1958.Had I written a book then about the unsoundness of that program I would have been laughed out of our society. Now I probably would be touted as a "Prophet'
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago