As I understand history, the Dems pushed for an income tax ( late 1800's) but the Repubs, after resisting it for some time, decided to "kill the idea once and for all" by passing the 16th Amendment, believing that the states would "NEVER" ratify it. BUT THEY DID. So much for things coming out as one expects them to.
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 23 mins ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago