As I understand history, the Dems pushed for an income tax ( late 1800's) but the Repubs, after resisting it for some time, decided to "kill the idea once and for all" by passing the 16th Amendment, believing that the states would "NEVER" ratify it. BUT THEY DID. So much for things coming out as one expects them to.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 14 hours ago