Rethinking America's Decline

James92 Wrote: May 07, 2014 1:37 PM
pamela247, My thoughts also. I hope enough of the American people also see this. We really need a TRUE leader who will lead us in the correct direction.

Say 'No' to Bad Science

James92 Wrote: May 06, 2014 9:00 AM
And then there is a simple little thing called "Common Sense". Remember Cold Fusion? I'm not a scientist, but I use the laws of Physics everyday in my field of aviation. As for the global warming or climate change or what ever one want's call it, I just look at the sun. It has a lot to do with it, I think. As for pollution of the plants atmosphere, let's just plug up all the active volcanoes. I'll bet the earth would "blow it's top" over that!
johnm h, Very well said. True free markets and true capitalism are the best wealth builders for a society. I keep stating, in the U.S. we have not had TRUE free markets or capitalism in nearly 100 years. ( The 16th Amendment and the Federal Reserve ). I say lets give them ( free markets and true capitalism ) a try! It couldn't be any worse than the manipulated mess we have now!

Groundhog Day in Housing

James92 Wrote: Apr 25, 2014 9:12 AM
This all sounds correct to me. Just about every decision and policy of the clowns in charge in D.C. have been just the opposite of those needed to grow the economy. Was this all on purpose? We haven't practiced true capitalism or free markets in many decades in this country. The socialists have slowly taken complete control of the economy. Now they say "see capitalism doesn't work". I'll keep saying this until at least one other person agrees with me!

A New Member of the Moocher Hall of Fame

James92 Wrote: Apr 23, 2014 8:24 AM
The pie charts on the back of Federal Income tax instruction Booklet show that approximately 2/3 of the spending of the feds is for "Programs" ( we're not allowed to call them Entitlement Programs ) for U.S. Citizens. One wonders, what percentage of this spending goes to folks like our couple who enjoyed living on a Yacht? Doesn't it make you feel really great to go to your job ( if you have one? ) so that you can pay your taxes to support such needy people? Have a nice day!
Sadly, with all the tax payer programs available, there is no worry of hunger or destitution these days. One would only wish that those card carrying union members would actually use their brain power to actually think things through to the logical conclusion that they can always do better when they depend upon themselves rather than socialist union goon leaders!
Joel176, I say AMEN Sir! I only carry a Springfield HD .040 S&W, but I like your idea of only defending Republicans/Conservatives. I've never even got a perking ticket, but I'll give my life to stop these leftists from stealing my grand children's future.
OregonBuzz, Here is another 75 year old vet who would gladly join you in giving them one round at a time. I too have had a good life ( even the 5 1/2 years in a military uniform in service to this country and my fellow citizens ) and now I fear for my grand children. If we don't stop this now, they will not have a good life. MOLON LABE!

Mr. Smith is Still Fighting Cronyism

James92 Wrote: Apr 19, 2014 7:41 AM
I see another parallel to a past event. That being the "Boston Tea Party". The citizens were telling the King and his court that they were not going to comply with his unjust laws. Now we have a citizen and his supporters, also fellow citizens, telling the imperial "so called leaders" in Washington DC that they will not comply with unjust laws. When Nevada was made a state, the agreement was that the Federal Government would sell off the lands to private citizens. That never happened. The citizens of Nevada were lied to and cheated. They are now speaking up. This has been a long time coming!

The Common Core Conundrum

James92 Wrote: Apr 18, 2014 1:51 PM
Now that I'm in the great grandchildren business I've had the opportunity to watch four generations, counting my own, to begin the learning process. Although I'm not a professional teacher, I've observed that each of us has an internal "switch" which turns us "on" to the learning process. It seems to me that this may be one of the real problems with our current education system. We want to use a "cookie cutter" process to produce a production line of graduates at each level where each one is a good little robot. It doesn't work. There are the artistic types, the hands on types and the methodical engineering types, and probably other types. The education system must figure out a way to accommodate this. We are all different in many ways and learn in different ways at different rates. Always will.
johnm h, I agree, Obama hasn't failed. He is only the latest in a long line of progressives, socialists, marxists ( you pick out an appropriate name ) that has been slowly replacing free market capitalism with their failing policies. They then say," see capitalism doesn't work anymore". It's amazing that our economy has survived as long as it has. Running on momentum? You are correct in stating it has been a century, but I believe we are on a much faster track now to a point of no return. Sad!