The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
yeah jay_p Would like to give us a couple of examples of these GOP policies?
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 12 minutes ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 3 hours ago