Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
When carrying on about the wealth of Gates, Jobs, Walton, et al; do any of these folk then compare that wealth with the amount 'given back' and the number of people affected directly- work and wages - and indirectly, through procurement contracts and construction? Do they recognize that these success stories weren't due to government benevolence, but in spite of the governmental hurdles?
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago