Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
When carrying on about the wealth of Gates, Jobs, Walton, et al; do any of these folk then compare that wealth with the amount 'given back' and the number of people affected directly- work and wages - and indirectly, through procurement contracts and construction? Do they recognize that these success stories weren't due to government benevolence, but in spite of the governmental hurdles?
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 16 hours ago