"Trickle-down" was created to facilitate an attack on laissez-faire economics (where government is barely - if at all - involved) using the lie about "giving" to the "rich" and Big Business thru tax and regulatory breaks (benefits), that those will result in wealth "trickling down" to the masses. Then, they infer the two are the same thing - which isn't even close. The big giveaway is that trickle-down assumes a fixed amount of wealth and it is a method for distributing it, so the argument is that it is smarter to just have government distribute it and cut out the middleman. This is a progressive liberal economic assumption, that the amount of wealth is fixed. Were that true, we would still have only the wealth that existed when we wandered as tribes on the savannah. Laissez-faire, though it strikes fear in so many, is the "rising tide lifts all ships", as the free market CREATES new wealth. This is how we went from our colonies to a world economic power - 'cuz we sure didn't have this wealth then.
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago