"Trickle-down" was created to facilitate an attack on laissez-faire economics (where government is barely - if at all - involved) using the lie about "giving" to the "rich" and Big Business thru tax and regulatory breaks (benefits), that those will result in wealth "trickling down" to the masses. Then, they infer the two are the same thing - which isn't even close. The big giveaway is that trickle-down assumes a fixed amount of wealth and it is a method for distributing it, so the argument is that it is smarter to just have government distribute it and cut out the middleman. This is a progressive liberal economic assumption, that the amount of wealth is fixed. Were that true, we would still have only the wealth that existed when we wandered as tribes on the savannah. Laissez-faire, though it strikes fear in so many, is the "rising tide lifts all ships", as the free market CREATES new wealth. This is how we went from our colonies to a world economic power - 'cuz we sure didn't have this wealth then.
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 2 minutes ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 42 minutes ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago