Check out the history of abuses to the Constitution (Commerce, General Welfare "clauses", et al) and you will see these groups have been "wielding their way" around it quite a lot. At least until Obamacare however, they drew the line at making these abuses effective at the individual level (even if the 'enforcers' very often overstep the line). We can only hope to get the word out sufficiently, by 2014 and 2016 to undo much of those changes over the past century that led to the abuses of today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 6 hours ago