In response to:
Governmental (public, municipal, etc - and "public" union) bodies ALWAYS hold hostage whatever it believes the People are most willing to pay the ransom for. If they can't do that, they change names and definitions (see: SS, gas, MediCare taxes, etc) so People think them anything but a tax increase for everyone that goes into the same budget pool. This way, it seems so small and probably no big deal, that likely affects someone else . . .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago